Sunday 5 October 2014

Zomtober: Week 1


       So here it is, deadline day for the first week of Zomtober, and I have to be honest, its not an explosive start. These are the first 4 zombies I will submit to the challenge, if I can do 4 (or more) zombies every week this month I should be able to take the asterix off of my zombie horde label, which is my real aim.

Zomtober zombie count:4



        Humans in wargames always seem to be white, so I have planned to get some other colours mixed into my horde to try for a bit more diversity, and I have to say, I am really pleased with how his skin colour came out. I was really worried it would just be a muddy brown rather than an actual brown skin colour.Now can I work out how to get a variation in darker skin colours?


      The models themselves are from a couple of different manufacturers; the male zombies are sold by hassle free miniatures but I think they are actually from the zombie studio range, while the female is from the zombie vixens box sold by wargames factory I believe.

     Right, I had better get some serious painting done to make the next few weeks a bit more impressive, and I do have some good plans to put into motion.

Thanks for reading this, now I am off to paint some more zombies and read the other entries . . .

14 comments:

  1. Looking good! The mix of skin colours looks great.
    You mention you're looking for skin variations ... Loki's Great Hall has this ~
    http://napoleonicwargamingadventures.blogspot.co.uk/p/vallejo-flesh-sets.html
    Roy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gingerbhoy. Thanks for the link, I will definitely follow that up, always up for painting tips.

      Delete
  2. Very nice additions to the horde.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. Always good to have a motivator like this to get you going with a project.

      Delete
  3. That's a cracking start Mike and reminds me that I've got a box of those vixens kicking around somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. Its the weird sort of box that every gamer has stashed somewhere. Have to say they are really nice figures. Dig them out!

      Delete
  4. A nice group you have there - the young lady is a favourite. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dannoc. The zombies vixens models were a lot nicer than the male zombies I picked up. Useful sprue for a bit of variety in my horde but other than that I wouldn't buy more. Although I am now looking at some wargames factory male zombies . . .

      Delete
  5. Good job on the brown skin. True that most of the mini are painted with white skin. Brown skinned minis add to the diversity. Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cerdic. Variety is the key when painting a horde. Otherwise its easy to lose momentum.

      Delete
  6. Very nice start to Zomtober, you just have to like these ladies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toni. I can't fault the wargames factory zombie sculpts at all.

      Delete
  7. Great start dude!
    Both those boxes have some nice zombies in them.

    ReplyDelete