Thursday 5 January 2017

The essential end of year games played wrap-up post - 2016 edition

   2016 was a weird hobby year for me, with my lowest game count since I got back into the hobby properly after finishing university, both in terms of games and rulesets played. I have moved my gaming night from Wednesdays to Mondays * and am generally only playing the same guy, which has all the benefits and negatives that you would expect.
   I thought, this year, I would do a photo round-up instead of throwing stats at you all. I have gone through my phone and this blog and found what I think are some of my best in-game images from this year.

* For some inexplicable reason
Mondays are easier to keep?


Bolt Action was my most played game in 2016, although it trailed off a bit just before version 2 arrived and hasn't picked up that much since, with other games taking our gaming time up.



40k and Battlefleet Gothic have both snuck into my games played in 2016, with a lot more planned for this year. Early 2017 is going to be very 40k heavy.


Sangin Skirmish has been another staple of 2016, never quite being my top game but sprinkled in enough to be a regular feature and the one we have invested the most hobby time into.

I even managed to convince my mate into playing some Lord of the Rings too. Still one of my favourite rulesets of all time and I game I always mean to play more of.

My only game of Lion Rampant in 2016. Another game that I really should have found the time to play more of.

This year I'm keeping my gaming aims small:
  1. I'd like to try some more rulesets out this year too. The average gamer can only play a limited amount of games in a year and I would like to try out as many as I can so I can settle down onto those few that I enjoy the most. In this list are: Age of Sigmar, Sharp Practice 2, Chain of Command and Dux Britanniarum, all games I have heard great things about.
  2. I also want to play a game of 40K Apocalypse. I've been playing skirmish or platoon sized games for the last 2-3 years and have a real urge to play a properly massive game.
  3. Carry on my aim of playing the equivalent of a game a week - only just managed that this year due to a few weekends where I played multiple games on a single day.
Thanks for reading

2 comments: