Wednesday 6 August 2014

This can only end well?

      This little project has been in the pipeline for quite some time. After reading the unit entry of museum piece, I knew I had to include one somehow.
       The cannon itself was bought at Broadside in June, I spent a chunk of the morning asking stall holders if they could sell me any British cannon that could have ended up as a museum exhibit by the mid-1930's. The crew are all Musketeer Miniatures but are from a couple of different sets, two of them are from the Royal Mail rocket team and the other is a standard bearer. 
vbcw cannon artillery very british civil war

vbcw cannon artillery very british civil war

    The guy kneeling down worried me a whole lot. In the rules, a museum piece is counted as a dangerous weapon and has a 50% chance of blowing up and killing it's crew the first time it is fired. In this cannon's case I think I might have found out why that is, the guy kneeling is using a more modern switch to set the gun off, so what explosives they have filled the barrel with, goodness knows.

Thanks for reading

4 comments: